Fall Leadership Calgary
October 31 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm| Free
AISCA Professional Development Series for School Leaders: The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership
AISCA is pleased to announce that for the coming school year we have once again partnered with Franklin Covey to provide high quality leader development seminars. AISCA began the journey of considering the 4 Essential Roles of Leadership by offering a session on “Inspiring Trust” last year. For 2019-20 we’ve taken it a step further. We will be offering 3 sessions during the course of the year that will focus on Creating Vision, Executing Strategy and Coaching Potential. These events will be held as part of our Fall Leadership days, the AISCA Teachers Convention, and the Spring Leadership/AGM, and will occur on the following dates/locations:
- Fall Leadership Days: October 28th- Edmonton, October 31st- Calgary
- AISCA Teachers Convention: February 14th- Calgary
- AISCA AGM: May 20th- Calgary
While each of the seminars will stand as their own PD event, AISCA would encourage our school leaders to plan to attend all three events. The PD sessions have been specifically selected to align with Alberta’s new Leadership Quality Standard.
In today’s fast paced educational context, school leaders need to think big, adapt quickly, translate strategy into meaningful work, and coach people to a higher performance. The facilitator from Franklin Covey will lead participants in these research informed sessions that address a range of relevant outcomes and objectives:
Effective leaders create a shared vision and strategy, and communicate it so powerfully that others join them on the journey.
- Leaders must not only think big, they need to execute on strategy all the way through to completion with and through others both within and outside of their organizations.
- Effective leaders develop the leadership potential in others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.